Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 9: A favorite picture of your best friend

It's hard to narrow down who EXACTLY is my best friend...for many reasons:

  1. I'm pretty popular.
  2. I'm not lonely.
  3. I tend to like most people.
  4. If I don't like someone, they aren't my best friend.
  5. I'm quite focused on who is currently around me.
  6. I often friendship in packs of four.
  7. I'm in Slytherin.
But even with all this working for/against me, I am going to take you on a tour of my friendship. As stated in #6, above, I often friendship in packs of four. Just take a look at the incredible fours:

The first of the fours took place in 2004 with the first friends I made at The Vineyard Church. 

That's right. You look up and only see three people who are supposed to be in the picture, Carrie (Townsend) Egli, Mark Egli, and Adam Morrison. That's because Michelle (Uphoff) Koehler was not ever in any photograph with the rest of us when we hung out. You see, back in 2004, we didn't care so much for digital cameras and making sure other people knew we were a group of friends. Then Michelle went away to ISU, and the rest of us went on without her.

The second set of fours took place a times later from The Vineyard Church, as well.
This group of friends has plenty of pictures together because we toured Florida as a rag-tag singing quartet. We didn't really sing, but we did go to Florida, as you might be able to tell from the previous entry. Emily (Hoerr) Pool, Adam Morrison, Leann (Earp) Knight, and Robert Daniel Goulet. We stayed up late, having serious talks about Jesus and healing. God did some pretty cool things, cuz he's just pretty cool. 

Who is next? I'll tell you. 
The wildest pack of geese you've ever seen! Angie Kauffman, Aubrey (Smith) Thaman, Gabe Thaman, and Adam Morrison. We weren't a band of singers, but we were a band of fun. I do so enjoy our times. We all took part in the grandiose wedding extravaganza of Gabe and Aubrey. I, the best man, and Angie, the wedding coordinator. Obviously Gabe and Aubrey were the groom and bride. I also sang at the wedding with Alexis, Aubrey's sister.  

If I were to take a step back and say, "Well, who are the individuals who have been besties with the mesties?" I'd probably have to think about it. [30 minutes of thinking]

One of my favorite peoples in the world, would have to be:
Geoff Olmstead and I were quite good friends. I don't know if it's because of both of our desire to avoid confrontation or if it's just because we're that good-natured, but we survived all the way to Mexico and back. Geoff got me excited about football (soccer) and advertising... Then, he got married and moved back to Colorado to work at his father's church. 

One of the best friends I've had through fights, is:
Not Adam Morrison and Cow. It's Mark Egli. Yes, we've had big fights. Not just one, but many. AND we've survived. At first, we were afraid. We were petrified. But after the big knock-out blow fight that ended the first set of four, we waited years before being friends again. Then, it was like a millionaires! Now, we hang out pretty regularly. We have reached an agreement that we're both better than each other. That way, we're both always right. It works. Don't ask how.

However, one of the friends who I grew up wanting to be like and then ended up being a great, supportive friend is:
Zachary Stephen Morrison is a pretty good fellow. Look at us, being studs in our childhood. Then, I grew up to sweat a lot. Zach was a pretty great friend when I was hating who I was in high school. He was a fun coworker and roommate. He was also jealous of my styles, but I didn't know that until he was married. I just thought he was a jerk, when we were in jr high. God bless the child. 

So there you go. I like people. They like me. People are good. I also want "So I Met Your Mother" to be over already, so we can know who the freaking mother is. 

6 comments:

  1. That should be "How I Met Your Mother."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the final four. Good times and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the link to mexico and back... awww good times. made me laugh out loud. that trip was horrible is oh, so many ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel pretty special that I've made your blog 2 days in a row...and yes, I mean special as in bust my chin open special!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily - We best not take cameras on trips such as that. Haha!

    Ellen - I had a joyous time every time I visited you in Mexico!

    Hope Floats - Just stand in dimly lit areas, and ppl will think it's ur cleft chin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clip In Indian Remy Hair Extensions allow you to add some inches and volume to your hair without having to wait for it to grow out. A very popular trend, many women today are turning to extensions to create a new look and style. B

    ReplyDelete