Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 15: Bible verse

Friends, it may surprise you that my name is in this holy book we call "the Bible." That's right. Adam, the first man created in the known universe. Was he just a ball of fire? No. That's stupid. Why would you think that?! Did Angie put you up to that? She's tweaky like that.

The Bible is full of good times city. Some people say, "This is my favorite verse." Others say, "My favorite verse is always changing because God's spirit is always moving through the pages of his most holy scripture." I say, "Get off your holy roller skates and just be a real person.

I don't exactly have ONE favorite Bible verse. You may be surprised by that. I'm not. Let me tell you a few of them:

Genesis 2:25
Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

I care for this verse because it is prophetic. That's right. One day, I shall be married. We'll be naked and love it.

Genesis 4:25
Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

This is also prophetic. Yes, ma'am. We shall be making love. It's too bad for our first couple of children, though. I wish we would have been better parents.

Genesis 5:5
Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

Michael Jackson was all about living forever and never dying. He was foolish to think that could happen. I strive for a much more realistic goal of 930 years. Then, I will be out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

1 comment:

  1. this is my favorite post so far! because all of the Charlie Sheen made me giggle, and he usually just bothers me.

    ReplyDelete