Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 7: Favorite movies

I've been known to like a movie or two. That's the truth. If you think I'm lying, you can eat a sandwich. And I hope it's a really bad sandwich, too...one that's been left in the back of that really dirty looking janitor's closet for weeks.But let's jump right into it.

One of my top lovers of movies...movie lovers...movies I love... is Bridget Jones' Diary.


I first fell in love with this film when I was a junior in high school. For months, I watched it every night, while I was falling asleep. The character of Bridget is such a goof and dramatic fool! I love how she is juxtaposed to Marc Darcy. And her quirky job searching. Oh! Don't forget about how she shows up to a costume party that isn't a costume party! Classic!

Coming in at #2: Mrs. Doubtfire


When I was in my week of HR training at my new job, one of the directors asked us what our favorite movie was. For some reason, Mrs. Doubtfire came to mind. I think Robin Williams is hilarious. His run-on-jokes just keep me chuckling to myself quietly all night. In the clip above, "a run by fruiting" was just a bright light of hilarity in the world. It was as if God parted the clouds of Heaven, reached down, and tickled the fancies of all humanity. He also makes me feel like a rockstar when he's rocking out to "Dude Looks Like a Lady," while he's cleaning the house. And no one can forget the great "boobs on fire" scene in the kitchen.

My all time favorite: Waiting for Guffman


I stumbled upon this, while I was shopping around Best Buy with my best friend, Mary. We just laughed in the aisle at the cover, so we knew we had to buy it. We watched it over and over, again. THEN, I found out there was a whole slew of these fake documentaries. Spinal Tap, Best in Show, A Mighty Wind...God has truly blessed me with this fantabulous comedy troop. 

Alan Pearl (Eugene Levy), the local dentist, is just rolling-on-the-table funny.


Don't forget about the musical numbers from the town's sesquicentennial celebration!


Basically, if you have never watched it, and you have a sense of humor, you need to check it out. It's a classic. It's small town amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment