Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 18: Favorite place to eat

Now, you probably have a list a mile long of favorite places to eat a foot long sandwich or other measurements, but I cannot align with you on this one. While I do enjoy an Americanized Chinese now and then or an Olive Gardenian photo op, I can't say such places are my favorite. I've been to one particular home, the Johnsons' for holiday dinners more times than I care not to admit! I've been really confused on how to eat tacos and things, thanks to Taco Bell. And probably the place I've frequented the most for meals is The Vineyard Church in Urbana, since I worked there for years!


However, I'd have to say the most exotic place I've ever eaten is Florida with the family. The food wasn't all that exotic, but Florida is. The most painful place I've ever had food thrown into my face was by the Prayer House at The Vineyard Church, while filming a Napoleon Dynamite style ad. Angie's family also knows how to serve a meal. I also pose well at bars as the third wheel. And the most awkward dinner may have been when I made a toast to Gabe and Aubrey and called Aubrey "Angie." And then of course, my parents' house, where dad will chop you in half or I'll stare at chipmunk cheek Barbie.


Be glad I only linked to this many pictures. I had a plan to link to every picture on Facebook of me eating, but then I realized there are over 2000 pics of me, and I eat a lot.


After much delay, my favorite place to eat is Monical's Pizza. Take a look at the history book.


Since my birthday is in December, I never had pool parties or such fancy things for my birthday parties. I always had Monical's Pizza (formerly Pizza Man). I'm wearing the USA sweatshirt. One of my best friends from youth, Jennifer White, is sporting the permed doo.

Another year, another birthday party. This was in 3rd grade. AJ (Bachman) Lavender is showing off the side ponytail. Jennifer Johnson is all grins because she knows we're about to eat Monical's Pizza!

I loved Monical's Pizza so much that when I got old enough, I worked there. I started working there on April 11, 2001. I remember the date because it was 4/11, which was the number to dial for help like when you've fallen and can't get up or when you've wet yourself in public and don't want others to know...

Here I am, coming in on my day off, pretending to be a lobster with my red lights hair and salad tongs.

Best friend, Mary Stege, and I came in and got this man to take our picture with our coworkers. The man agreed as long as his buddy could be in the pic. That's why the man in the black sweater is also in the pic. Cassie (Maulding) Gustafson is wielding the mighty pizza cutter!

Here, I once again am trying to get into the pizza oven.

I hope you all know that I love Monical's Pizza. If you ever think, I'll take Adam out to eat...think Monical's.

No comments:

Post a Comment