Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 8: A place you've traveled to

I would be lying to you if I told you I haven't traveled. My family took vacations all over the nation when I was just a child. We did vacations to Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, South Dakota, Kentucky, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC...and probably a few others that I can't remember.

But one of my favorite places to visit is Florida. My freshman year in high school was the first time I visited this land of God's eternal beauty. Here I am enjoying a lovely lemon ice with my floppy hat on. I'm pretty sure Jamie and I were at the Animal Kingdom. I thought I was so cool with that hat and my oversized shirts!


As you can see below, I'm not the woman wearing the kitty face shirt. I am in the green floppy hat in the back left. Katie Bormet, Ashley Luening and I rode the Tower of Terror at least 30 times, each time we posed differently. One time included us wearing our shopping bags over our heads. This was one of our favorites, the ol' Say No, Hear No, Speak No jazz.


Look below, and you'll see me and Leann having a blast at my first return to Florida. You see, this was the summer of the Final Four, which was comprised of Daniel Goulet, Emily Pool, Leann Knight, and me. I enjoyed the It's a Small World After All ride for the first time. I was also made fun of by Daniel's mother's boyfriend. Friends, I wanted to sleep in because it was my vacation. The rest of the Final Four went to a church. Mister Boyfriend told Bernice, Daniel's mom, that I better watch myself because my alligator butt is gonna catch up with my woodpecker mouth, which I think means I talk a lot. 


Then came my "family vacation" with Angie's family.


Kids better not ruin my masterpiece theater!


He got his shorts wet and got to walk through town with just his boxer briefs. He thought I was wearing boxers for shorts anyway.


This past year, Zach invited me to join the Burtness family for vacation to Florida, too! Of course, I said yes because it involved me getting to share a room with the nephew, William. And we got to see our brother, Chris, who is a pharmacist for a hospital in Miami.


Good friend Hannah was there, too! I needed a bit of good ol' fashioned massage, then and later then.


And guess what! Less than a month later, Angie's family vacation happened again. It's an every two year thing.


So don't mess with me because I sweat a lot.


As you can tell, I have been to Florida.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love all these pictures of our "family" vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to be mad that I didn't make it into your "Best Friend" post, but I am now placated by my presence in this post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete