Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name

At some point in my life, I decided the faux hawk was the hairstyle of choice. I have had some other hairstyles that have not been as flattering. After a smattering of events, I ended up calling myself "Adam the Hawk." It's not cause I could fly like a hawk...or cuz I got high like where a hawk flies. There might be some prophetic adventure involved, but no one knows the truth.

Later on, I found an amazing poetic post about the bald eagle. While grammar may be fleeting and spelling is an option, you can surely feel the raw emotion of this artist. His most recent post is a deeply insightful commentary on cinema and the after life.

And then magic happened when I combined the two: Adam the Hawk + the American, Bird = Adam the American, bird.

2 comments:

  1. you know, I always wondered why you were Adam the Hawk. life has one less mystery in it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. HOW do I keep forgetting about that blog... I really wish the world knew about that awesome....

    ReplyDelete