Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 39: What is your favorite Broadway musical and why? Also, video of yourself singing your fav song from that musical.

Thanks to my friend, Michelle, for suggesting this great idea for my blog post. My favorite musical of all time would have to be Chicago. It's about this young woman who desires to be a famous vaudevillian. She ends up committing crimes which rocket her to the top. I love the jazzy razzle dazzle music of the whole musical. I'm pretty sure I have most of the songs memorized, or at least I'm able to sing along with them in the car. One reason I like it is because a potential nobody meteorically rises to fame, has her struggles, and then partners with a buddy to stay on top of the world until the show ends. 

My favorite song from Chicago...is hard to nail down. I love almost every song. I started to make a list here, but I was copying and pasting every song title, so that's foolish. After much time and wait, I figured out which was my favorite. I recorded myself singing to a modified MIDI file I downloaded of the music. And I filmed myself. Now, you tell ME who is the weakest link. Goodbye. 

5 comments:

  1. This is so great! I would also like to see your rendition of "We Both Reached For the Gun." HA! We could compile a cast to play the reporters... but I'd like to see you as both Billy and Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe that! Owen and I watched it about a dozen times. Now I want the rest of the songs from Chicago please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, I love you. And I love people like you who remind me that life should be fun, spontaneous, whimsical and silly. You. are. amazing!

    And I agree, Chicago is the best!

    Also, since everyone else is putting in requests from Chicago, I would like to see a video of you singing Class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, you guys! I'm glad you were at least entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next up I suggest: the last 10 DVDs you got from Netflix!

    ReplyDelete