Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 37: What will you name your kids someday?

I like names. I like naming things. That's why I play The Sims and make my sims have tons of children or pets. I let them all know how important they are by their name. Gahrbauge Trash is just a lowly dumpster diver, but Mortimer James is a monocle wearing fancy pant.

When it comes to my potential children, this is still not too far off. Feel free to mock the names I choose because y'all know I mock what other people name their kids, especially "James." I don't mind "Jim," but "James" is just a plural form of nonsense. I apologize if I have offended those of you who love or have the name James, Ha-mace in Spanish.

Since we all know I would prefer to have sons, let's start with girl names. That way, if I do have a daughter, she'll feel important and like a princess frog. Here are some girl names I would name my kids, in some or no particular order:

  1. Virginia - Both of my grandmas are Virginias, and I think it is a cute name that is coming back in style.
  2. Jubilee - I like this name for a girl because it will be a day of rejoicing and festivities when I have a child. Satan tried to rob me of such joy, and God will be like, "I don't think so, fool."
  3. Lola - This name I've always thought was cute because it was the name of my great-aunt who lived on a chicken farm.
Boys names are much easier for me to come up with. The hard part will be for me to narrow down my list to three or five, not four. 
  1. Ernie - As of late, I've come to realize how much my family means to me and that I'd like to pass on names from it. My grandpa Ernie has always been one of the sweetest, most loyal men in my life. I have a ton of respect for him and love him very much. 
  2. Hayden - I really started liking this name when my cousins named their first son, Hayden.
  3. Cedric - This is cheesy, but I love this name because of Harry Potter. When Cedric died, I cried for hours. 
Middle names? I don't know yet. We'd have to wait that one out. I've often thought about naming my second child Draco Malfoy Morrison, and by often, I mean once. 

Thanks to Ellen Benefield for suggesting today's topic. Visit her and Kyle's website, mexicomercy.com to help support their missionary work in Mazatlan, MX. 

Please suggest what I'll be writing about tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. What is your favorite Broadway musical and why? Also, video of yourself singing your fav song from that musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen will try not to be offended that you don't like his middle name, James.

    My grandma is also Virginia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I'm glad Owen is okay with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete