Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 26: Your dream wedding

This is something only fairy tales are made of, I hear. Let me lay it out for you.

First off, I would have a musical wedding. There would be some dialogue, but at key moments, the participants would break out in song. Picture this, as people are gathering into the auditorium, I would be up front playing acoustic guitar and singing some of my favorite songs as a pre-show concert. People would be free to throw money at me; however, it is not necessary. Then the pastor would walk in, singing about what a beautiful day for a wedding. The wedding party would gather in to an aisle dancing number with singing. Not too much dancing, we don't know the shape or tolerance of our party, and I want to be able to hear them sing, not just huff and puff. Yes, Edward Cullen is Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. I didn't even know he was going to play Cedric when I cried like a fool.

The pastor would ask everyone to rise. Then, I would start singing about how thankful I am to know everyone, with such a song as "For Good." About halfway through the song, the bride would start walking down the aisle, as she starts singing, "It well may be that we will never meet again, in this life time." Of course, we are not singing to each other. We, together, are singing to the crowd of friends and family who have impacted our lives.

Fathers would give away daughters, and grandmas will sit there staring off into space cuz they're probably going batty, sadly. Our vows could be turned into a song or they could be spoken. We'd have to discuss that. We'd leave to some momentous song that tells everyone how magical of a day it will be (day, meaning period of time). God will shine his light on us, and all will be right in the world for this day.

There are probably other thoughts and sayings to include, but you get the picture. If my wife cannot sing, we will adjust this to being mostly me singing...or whatever she wants to do instead of this crazy musical idea.

1 comment:

  1. Adam, have you read Kristin Chenoweth's autobiography? It's really adorable. I think you would love it.

    ReplyDelete